What is accommodation? Features of Phnom Penh Accommodation 
Accommodation seems to have become an extremely familiar concept to everyone. In any particular situation or time, we always want to have quality accommodation that is suitable for us to have the best experience. Especially, Phnom Penh Accommodation is always the most attention of the people here. So what is that? How to evaluate a good accommodation? Let's consult Luxcity in today's article.
> Read More:
What is the definition of Accommodation?
"Accommodation" in the tourism industry is generally understood as a motel, or hotel - a place that provides rest services for tourists and passersby. A motel or hotel will have many different rooms, serving many guests at the same time. Inside the rooms, there will be full amenities such as beds, wardrobes, blankets, pillows, air conditioners, refrigerators, toilets, etc. Visitors who choose Phnom Penh Accommodation only need to register their names and have their identity cards. Rent one or more rooms for a short stay. And now, with the development of the economy - society, as well as people's lives, are increasingly improved, the scale and business model "accommodation" has also been expanded and changed according to modern trends. It is the formation of many different types of accommodation such as hotels, motels, homestays, etc.
Distinguishing types of accommodation today
Type of hotel – hotel
A hotel is a type that is used by many people today on travel or business trips. A hotel is usually built into high-rise buildings, each floor will have many rooms and inside the rooms will have full facilities to rest, eat,…
Currently, large-scale business hotels with many types of rooms and different prices depending on convenience such as:
- Suite room type: This is the most luxurious room type of the hotel and is usually located on the top floors. The area of these rooms is also the largest and has full facilities as well as the best view to admire the outside and around the building. The suites are similar to penthouses and are often reserved for customers with conditions.
- Deluxe room type: This is also considered a high-class room but lower than a suite. The area of these rooms is also quite large and fully equipped with everything needed in the room. The price of this room type is quite high compared to the normal type, but if you rent these rooms, you will also be well served and more complete than the regular rooms.
- Superior room type: These rooms have an average area and price, but are also fully equipped with necessary equipment and utensils for visitors to come here.
- Standard room type: This is a standard room, with a moderate area and price, in the lowest position of the hotel, so the view is a bit more limited. Although the equipment in the room is still fully prepared to serve customers. At a relatively cheap price, this type of room will be suitable for self-sufficient travelers, which will greatly reduce the cost of the trip.
Type of hostel - cheap hotel
A hostel is a type of cheap hotel and is usually for backpackers who don't want to spend too much money on rest. Because here, sleeping space will be divided into bunk beds, like beds in student dormitories. The rooms are also divided into different types, 4 beds, 6 beds, or 10 beds. A special thing only in this type is that visitors to the hostel usually do not discriminate between genders, both men and women can live together in the same room and if privacy is needed, there will be curtains to cover that bed. However, this is only suitable for countries in Europe, and in Vietnam to ensure cultural suitability, hostels still divide rooms by gender, men and women will stay in separate rooms.
Specific features of this type are:
- The services at the hostel are extremely cheap. This is just the cost to rent a bed and does not include other services such as dining, laundry or entertainment, etc. This price is very suitable for those who are passionate about backpacking, and love to go. Traveling everywhere, not staying in one place.
- The services and activities in the hostel are used in the same room as the bathroom, the cooking area, the living room, etc., but still, ensure comfort and cleanliness for everyone. Besides, there are also gardens, living rooms, terraces, ... so that people can have fun, exchange or party together.
- Most of the hostels are built and run businesses in the localities or people who love and are passionate about culture in the open areas, so when coming to stay here, visitors will have the opportunity to learn about the latest information. Travel information is extremely interesting, useful and welcoming, and helpful.
Type of motel
“Motel” is a combination of two words “motor” and “hotel” – this is a small-scale motel business with few amenities at a fairly affordable price. Motels are often built quite simply along national highways, as temporary accommodation for tourists who go backpacking and backpacking for 1-2 nights. Each motel only has about 10 - 20 rooms with room rates from 13 USD/night/room. The staff at the motels are also not many, one person can take on many different jobs, so the quality of customer service is not as good as other types.
Type of homestay
Homestay is a type of tourism that is very "hot" today. With this type, tourists instead of staying at hotels will choose to stay at local homestays. Here, they will discover, experience as well as learn all the unique customs and cultural life of the regions.
Visitors to visit and stay here will have the opportunity to meet, exchange as well as learn about the local culture. That is, tourists will eat, sleep and live with the local population, be considered members of their home, and participate in festival activities there. This is a way to show hospitality as well as help visitors easily integrate into the culture of that region.
A homestay is a form of service "eating meals - sleeping in villages": This is a business form in which the local community will be the one to directly provide products and services for tourists to visit, from staying come to eat. People here sometimes also act as tour guides, leading tourists to places to visit, introducing cultural beauty that the natives there may not have discovered by themselves.
Homestays are often built in residential areas with diverse cultural resources, areas with preserved wild resources, places with ethnic cultural characteristics, or areas where there are insufficient conditions. conditions to build hotels or motels.
The scale of the homestay is quite small, each family can only welcome from 10 to 30 guests at a very cheap price, only from a few dozen to a few hundred thousand per room. The services here are also average, but still, ensure all the necessary facilities for visitors to visit and rest.
Accommodation seems to have become an extremely familiar concept to everyone. In any particular situation or time, we always want to have quality accommodation that is suitable for us to have the best experience. Especially, Phnom Penh Accommodation is always the most attention of the people here. So what is that? How to evaluate a good accommodation? Let's consult Luxcity Hotel in today's article.
Read more travel articles in Cambodia and inspiration from Luxcity.com.